Pre-planning your final arrangements is an important task to complete. Leaving your family with decisions to make for you after you’re gone can be overwhelming to them while they are grieving. By taking care of these things ahead of time, you can ensure your family knows the arrangements you’ve made are just what you wanted. Here’s a quick, and simple, guide to get you started.
- Start simple.
- Look for online services that allow you to make arrangements all from your phone or computer.
- Choose which payment plan is best for you. You can usually pay over several years while still guaranteeing today’s prices.
- You’ll fill out some basic information and answer a few questions. Someone will reach out to you and send over any documentation to sign via email.
- You’ll receive digital and hard copies a little later. The insurance company will take care of everything when the time comes.
- Inform key family and friends that you’ve made arrangements.
- Tell them where to find your important documents.
- If you’ve chosen cremation, include what you’d like to have happen with your ashes. There are several choices, and some people even choose multiple options.
- Think through what you’d like for a memorial service.
- Do you imagine having something private and more intimate? Or something larger and more traditional?
As you go through the process of pre-planning, it’s important to write down your thoughts and any questions you might have. We’re always here to help answer questions or to talk through anything you’re not sure about. Give us a call at 513-991-1369 or email us at email@example.com. Our team is always standing by to help you along the way.