When January rolls around, we tend to reflect on the previous year and look at the things we want to change, the goals we want to accomplish, and how we can better ourselves for the upcoming year. We are always growing, and it’s important to remember you’re probably already a wonderful person. When thinking about your list of resolutions for the new year, focus on smaller changes that are more attainable. Choose a theme to focus on, or choose a few things to work on throughout the year! Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Spend quality time with family and loved ones. Play a board game or take a family stroll together.
- Focus on friendships – make it a point to reach out to a long-lost friend or family member you don’t speak to often enough. Even calling them once a month to catch up might be a big improvement!
- Find a silver lining in the small things. Sometimes just a tiny bit of perspective is all you need to notice the good in something.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is so important!
- Decrease stress. We know this is easier said than done, but it’s essential for our overall health.
- Exercise more. Even just a quick stroll around the neighborhood is great to get your blood flowing!
- Learn something new. Set a goal to stretch your brain and learn a new skill. Maybe a new language?
- Declutter. Tackle one small drawer or area in your house once a week.
- Find a charity or a good cause to donate your time to.
- Pay it forward with small acts of kindness.
- Get outside as much as you can to breathe some fresh air and spend time in nature.
- Eat your veggies!
- Finally, and most importantly, love yourself.
Being aware of a few small changes here and there can make a big difference in your life and those around you. Happy New Year!