Choosing the right music to express the way you’re feeling or show how much someone meant to you isn’t a simple task. Here are five tips to help you get started.
- Look Up the Lyrics – Listen closely to the songs you’re considering. Look up the lyrics to make sure they have the meaning you think they will.
- Personalize it – Consider using a song that your loved one was fond of or that has memories attached to it. If you can, look through their personal music collection for inspiration.
- Set the Tone – Music has a way of setting the entire tone of an event. Consider this when choosing music.
- Ask family and friends for their input! Maybe they know what song your loved one wanted or they have suggestions.
- Before you start the search, consider what you want this song to say about your loved one and how you want them to be remembered.
You can always ask for help from family or friends and shouldn’t feel like you have to choose the music all on your own. At the end of the day, whatever feels right to you and expresses what you’re trying to say will work perfectly.