Pre-planning your final arrangements can be such a wonderful way to help your loved ones through a difficult time and ensure your final wishes are carried out. In the initial days after someone passes, it is so hard to think about all of the things that need to be done. No one wants to find themselves sitting in a funeral home talking to someone about what their loved one might have wanted, especially if they aren’t sure.
If you haven’t discussed your final arrangements with your family, you risk leaving them with a difficult decision and an unexpected expense during an emotional time. And depending on the family, debating what you may have wanted can be quite stressful when more than one family member has a strong opinion. By planning your own arrangements, however, your family can have peace of mind knowing the arrangements are just what you had hoped for.
We’ve put together a basic checklist for what you need to do to make this happen. It’s easier than you think!
- Make arrangements…all from the comfort of your home!
- Look for online services that allow you to make arrangements all from your phone or computer. Not having to go into a funeral home for a long meeting is a welcome bonus.
- Choose which payment plan is best for you. Usually, you can pay over several years if you want while still guaranteeing today’s prices.
- You’ll fill out some basic information and answer a few questions. Someone will reach out to you and send over all documentation to sign via email.
- You’ll receive digital and hard copies a little later. It’s that simple! The insurance company will take care of everything when the time comes.
- Inform key family and friends that you’ve made arrangements.
- Tell them where to find your important documents.
- If you’ve chosen cremation, include what you’d like to have happen with your ashes. There are several choices, and some people even choose multiple options!
- Think through what you’d like for a memorial service.
- Do you imagine having something private and more intimate? Or something larger and more traditional?
Now that you’ve gone through this list and know what you need to think about when pre-planning, it’s important to write down your thoughts and any questions you might have. We’re always here to help answer questions you might have or to talk through things that will help guide you down the right path. Give us a call at 513-991-1369 or email us at email@example.com. At Best Cremation Service we promise high-quality service and transparent pricing up front, arranged all online with our concierge team.